Saturday, January 16, 2010

Roar of the departed DLC

I am going to review Bayonetta – once I 100% the game. I’ve beaten it on Normal and fucked about with the alfheim portals and angel slayer a bit so far, once I beat Infinite Climax or whatever it’s called I’ll review it. So far I’ll say that it’s my game of the year for 2009. Yes I know I didn’t actually get it until 2010 but TECHNICALLY it came out in 2009 and it has blown anything else clean out of the water.

I won’t talk much more about Bayonetta, I’m also waiting till I 100% it so when I do talk about it, it won’t be spoilers as much as by then I imagine people who really want it will have finished it by then and so on. My main cause of concern right now is Mass Effect 2. I’m worried about it in all honesty. It’s the DLC. There are… very substantial rumours that ME2 is going to have day one DLC. You know, like the Stone Prisoner and what not. From what I can see and I stress I have no confirmation whether this is true or not, but it seems to be heavily implying that you get an extra DLC character with the CE edition. I’m honestly in a state of confusion regarding this however so let me try to break it down.

Collector’s Edition of ME2 comes with a “Cerberus Membership Card” thingy. Using this to make an account, you get access to various things, including, apparently, an exclusive character. If this is true, it’s ridiculous. Do you know what Collector’s Editions are for? They are the game + bonus things, artbooks, making of, things like that. Things that collectors would be interested in. What’s the point in taking stuff out of the game like this and making it exclusive to people who pay like £10 more? Sure, if it’s just a gun or armour or whatever I don’t care. Gamestop pre-orders get some crappy gun and I don’t really care at all about that. I can live without these things, but a whole character? It’s not like it’s just a reskin or something either. That’s a pretty big fucking deal in an RPG.

However, before I get any more angry, I will state the other side of things. It is of course possible that this “day one DLC” is for people who buy the game new and not used. EA and Bioware are being extremely vague about this and not revealing any details until next week, which is very unhelpful as if I’m missing out on a sizeable portion of the game by not getting the CE, I might just fork out the extra and pre-order it now as opposed to paying 1200MSP for it later. I can only hope that this is the same thing as Stone Prisoner. Free – if you buy the game first hand, ANY version of the game. I can understand why they do that and I think it’s a legitimate business strategy, they get zero profit from second-hand sales so obviously they want to make some money back on that. Fair enough, but if it is CE only I’m going to be pissed off. I don’t know about you, but I get very irritated at the thought of playing an unfinished product. An incomplete product.

I’ve sat here for now 30 minutes before writing this paragraph after finishing the last one. I was certain I was going to complain about something else but it’s gone now and I can’t remember it. Very well, whatever it was, you get off this time and only this time. Consider this a lant delux bonus merit get ouf of jail free card, one time use, will destruct in 5 seconds and what not.

I’ve also been watching OP, I’m around episode 50 now I think, a little bit after the Arlong Park arc. So far? Well in terms of the big three it’s about equal to Naruto and Bleach. I must say I certainly prefer Luffy to Naruto. Naruto is honestly a terribly designed main character. I also watched the fifth(?) OP movie because I heard that’s extremely good. Of course I haven’t actually got to the parts where they meet Choppa and Robin in the actual show but oh well. I did like the movie, especially the animation, it made me think of a Disney film at times, especially the Baron and his facial expressions, I’m not really sure why though. I’ll post some screenshots in my next post perhaps. However now I am going to go back to looking for food and playing Bayonetta. One bad thing about all these games coming out is when I finally get back round to playing Oblivion, Warriors Orochi and Dragon Age.. I’ll have totally forgotten whatever I was doing and potentially ruin everything, that’s especially the case with Oblivion where I literally need a notebook of things reminding me not to JUMP AROUND LIKE A LUNATIC LEVELING UP ACROBATICS. It’s not my fault per se, that my memory is so bad.

Remembering things is over-rated anyway.

[Via http://kaonazhie.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment