Thursday, January 14, 2010

Winter '10 Impressions

And so after watching and rewatching episodes 3 or 4 times, I’ve finally settled on a pretty solid watch list for this season. It’s a bit mixed but oh well. The only series left to see is Katanagari but that’s still a little ways away. I didn’t check out every show this season like I did last season, but it was enough for now. I may go back later and pick up something so this may not be the final list.

Watch list:

  • Baka to Test to Shokanju
  • Durarara!!
  • OokamiKakushi (it’s on the three episode trial)
  • Hidamari Sketch x ☆☆☆ (Hoshimittsu)
  • Dance in the Vampire Bund

Drop List (and reason):

  • Sora no Woto (Military K-On. And I hated K-On)
  • Ladies versus Butlers (H-Series of this season)
  • Omamori Himari (Fanserive series of this season and anti-loli vibes)
  • Seikon no Qwaser (What is this shit…)
  • Hanamaru Yochien (I draw the line at Kodomo no Jikan. Kuro-chan~)

This season seems rather bad compared to previous ones but I guess we’ll have to make due with what we have. Oh yeah, I know I didn’t mention anything about Hanmaru, Qwaser, or Vampire Bund before.

Vampire Bund wasn’t mentioned due to the first episode being an indirect one; it’s basically a show within a show and I don’t really think that makes for much of a review. It was amusing though so I don’t see why people hated it (maybe ’cause there wasn’t enough Loli-Vamp?).

Hanmaru and Qwaser I didn’t really get around to watching ’til today. Hanmaru isn’t bad, but it just didn’t catch my interest at all. Qwaser on the other hand…. complete shit. I understood it but ugh… Maybe it’s ’cause I was raised Catholic and I find it really offensive or maybe it really does suck. Decide for yourself, but let me tell you that even a lot of folks didn’t like it.

I’d go into more detail but, Man vs. Wild is calling, as is Megaten.

[Via http://deslarris.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment