Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Baccano! (pt. 1)

Whoa thar, massive pic!

Okay, five things that I learned from the first episode of Baccano! despite watching it on a whim:

1. Loads of blood. Blood from gun wounds, blood from train wreck wounds, blood from beatings, blood, blood, blood. How much? Enough to send even a certain vegetarian vampire into spasms, that’s how much.

2. Plenty of character names. All of the main characters are shown with their names in the opening, which I thought was one of the coolest openings that I’ve seen for an anime, if not the coolest. I don’t know if just over twenty episodes is enough to keep them all straight, but let’s hope!

3. A supernatural element. Resisting bullet wounds as though nothing happened? This occurring in more than one character? I love it! Fantasy has always been my thing, and fantasy mixed with a realistic setting makes me one happy camper.

4. Look-alikes. The man (with the young girl) at the beginning reminded me of Byakuya, and the stoic, pale-haired man I thought was the spitting image of Aizen, both from Bleach. I know that not every character in the history of anime looks different from every other character, but I do find it a little bit distracting as I think “Wait, would _____ do that?” Hopefully it’s something that I’ll be able to fix as the series goes on.

5. An American setting. Call me a patriot, but I’m a sucker for American characters in anime. Maybe not ones that are a stereotypical mocking of us as funny as they can be, in the case of Axis Powers Hetalia, but I love them none the less. I like that this setting is in 1930’s America, because I feel that it adds to the fantasy element; this was a real time in American history, but I didn’t live it, so who knows what happened?

I’m looking forward to the next episode!

Theme Song: Blood- My Chemical Romance

[Via http://nashichan.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment